[Hackrf-dev] generate a dvb-t channel
Juan Antonio
2018-01-31 12:31:04 UTC
Hi, I was thinking about buying a hackrf. One of the utilities that I
wanted to give was to generate a dvb-t channel. I have read everything I
could about it but it is not clear to me whether it can be done or not. I
would appreciate your help in this theme

Best regards
Chuck McManis
2018-01-31 22:00:03 UTC
No it cannot. (generate a DVB-T channel). However, if you generate the
base band data for a DVB-T channel on your PC you could send it to the
HackRF for transmission. The bandwidth requirements are 6.82Mhz which
is well within the 20Mhz BW the HackRF can transmit.

--Chuck

Jahn
2018-02-01 17:25:02 UTC
Recently I saw a LimeSDR developer showing how to transmit a video signal.

Camera with RasPi and one of LimeSDR products on one side as transmitter and on the
other RasPi and one of LimeSDR products with HDMI output on the receiver.

But is there any reason why to use LImeSDR or HackRF to transmit video or DVB-T?
Would not be easier to use just Wifi router or AP?

> No it cannot. (generate a DVB-T channel). However, if you generate the
> base band data for a DVB-T channel on your PC you could send it to the
> HackRF for transmission. The bandwidth requirements are 6.82Mhz which
> is well within the 20Mhz BW the HackRF can transmit.
>
> --Chuck
>
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:31 AM, Juan Antonio <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I was thinking about buying a hackrf. One of the utilities that I wanted
> > to give was to generate a dvb-t channel. I have read everything I could
> > about it but it is not clear to me whether it can be done or not. I would
> > appreciate your help in this theme
> >
> > Best regards

---
n0p [Luis Bernal]
2018-02-01 18:30:54 UTC
A friend and I toyed with the idea some time ago and made it work:
https://events.ccc.de/camp/2015/wiki/Session:DVB_with_SDR_-_a_practical_approach

Now the whole DVB module and examples are in the gnuradio tree, so, no need
to install out of tree modules anymore